Kathleen (Kate) Wegrzyn (pronounced "Way Grin") (formerly Noble) is a senior counsel and business lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP and is a member of the firm’s Commercial Transactions & Business Counseling and Distribution & Franchise Practices and the Food & Beverage Industry Team as well as the Manufacturing Industry Team.
Kate's areas of focus include counseling businesses on general corporate and commercial matters, including commercial contracts, dealer arrangements, licensing issues, supply chain contracts, marketing and promotion agreements, and logistics and transportation contracts.
Kate is one of the authors and editors of Foley's Supply Chain Desk Reference, which covers, among other things, the following topics: battle of the forms, distribution supply chain options, warranties, product recall and hazard reporting issues, indemnification, consequential damages and disclaimers, and non-disclosure agreements.
Kate is the secretary of the board of directors of the Wisconsin Humane Society.
In 2015, The Legal 500 recognized Kate for her work in the area of renewable and alternative energy.
- University of Wisconsin Law School, (J.D., cum laude, 2009)
- Elected to Order of the Coif
- Managing Editor, Wisconsin Law Review
- Member, Women's Law Student Association
- University of Wisconsin, B.B.A. (2005)
- Co-Author, "Automotive MarketTrends | September 2019, Issue 3," Manufacturing Industry Advisor
- Co-Author, "Manufacturing MarketTrends | July 2019, Issue 2," Manufacturing Industry Advisor
- Co-Presenter, "Supply Chain Agreements: Consequential Damage Disclaimers, Indemnity, Force Majeure, Termination, Warranty Provisions," webinar, Strafford
- Co-Author, "Supply Chain Agreements: Structuring Key Provisions," Manufacturing Industry Insights
- Co-Author, “Manufacturing MarketTrends | April 2019, Issue 1,” Manufacturing MarketTrends
- Author, “Commercial and Consumer Warranties: A Primer,” Manufacturing Industry Advisor
- Author, “The Art of Holding Harmless: Indemnification Provisions in Supply Agreements and How They Differ from Warranty,” Manufacturing Industry Advisor
- Author, “Best Practices for Customers Structuring Directed-Buy Arrangements,” Manufacturing Industry Advisor
- Author, “Shhh ... Don't Tell Anyone: Tips on NDAs,” Manufacturing Industry Advisor
- Author, “Overview of Distribution Supply Chain Options,” Manufacturing Industry Advisor
- Co-editor, “International Agency and Distribution Agreements,” LexisNexis®
- Author, “Consequential Damage Disclaimers in Supply Agreements,” Manufacturing Industry Advisor
Kate is admitted to practice in Wisconsin.