Pamela Brown is a partner and commercial transactions attorney with Foley & Lardner LLP. She focuses her practice in complex commercial real estate transactions and contract law for regional and national clients. Pamela is a member of the firm’s Real Estate Practice and is the chair of the Real Estate Group in the Orlando office. Pamela is also the chair of Foley’s Commercial Leasing Team.
Pamela’s practice emphasis includes negotiation, documentation and closing of property acquisition and sale transactions; mortgage and asset based financing; property development; commercial real estate ownership, leasing and financing transactions; sale-leaseback transactions; real property due diligence, title insurance and survey; loan workouts and restructurings; corporate, partnership and limited liability company entity formation and structuring.
Pamela has extensive experience in drafting and negotiating legal opinions in connection with real estate transactions and is a member of the firm’s Opinion Committee.
Pamela has negotiated and facilitated a wide range of transactions, including the following recent representative transactions:
- Real estate counsel (seller/tenant) for S&P 500 company for sale-leaseback of large manufacturing facility in Ohio
- Borrower counsel for $130 million regional shopping center refinance and construction financing, including special purpose entity compliance and securitized loan defeasance
- Real estate and leasing counsel for nation’s largest physician-owned medical imaging group
- Seller counsel for $135 million sale and purchase money financing of a manufacturing plant in Indiana
- Real estate counsel in connection with acquisition, operation and sale of a popular shopping mall in Orlando, Florida
- Counsel for multi-family apartment investor in connection with multiple real property purchases and financings in various states including, Michigan, Texas, Ohio, Colorado, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin
- Represented Sports Medicine North Orthopedic Surgery, Inc., and its affiliated ambulatory surgery center in their acquisition by Connecticut-based orthopedic and spine care management services organization Spire Orthopedic Partners, a portfolio company of Kohlberg & Co.
Prior to earning her law degree, Pamela worked in mortgage banking and specialized in the secondary mortgage market.
Awards and Recognition
- In 2016, Pamela was recognized by The Legal 500 for her work in real estate.
- Pamela is an active member of various professional and community organizations, including the International Council of Shopping Centers. She provides legal services to several not for profit organizations on a pro bono basis. Pamela is a regular contributor to Practical Law.
Publications and Presentations
- Pamela co-authored an article in 2016 that was published in the Journal of Physician-Owned Real Estate regarding asset-planning protection for physician-owned medical practices.
- Pamela co-presented a CLE session in 2020 at the Society for Corporate Governance regarding the #MeToo Movement in the workplace and various ethics considerations.