Daljit S. Doogal is a corporate lawyer focusing on mergers & acquisitions, private equity, venture capital, and restructuring law matters across the Manufacturing, Automotive, Technology and Supply Chain Sectors. Daljit is Foley’s chairman and CEO, working with the Management Committee to guide the firm through changing times across the globe.
Recognized as a “terrific, business-minded” lawyer, clients rely on Daljit’s practical approach to complex transactions and developing successful business strategies. He is deeply valued for his role as a trusted counselor in their business. Daljit is often called upon to act as outside general counsel for private companies and frequently advises boards of directors and special committees on fiduciary duty issues in various contexts. Over the course of two decades, Daljit’s experience spans the entire lifecycle of organizations, advising clients through launching companies and running robust businesses, as well as handling corporate reorganizations or restructuring financially distressed companies. Daljit’s experience also incorporates international, cross-border business dealings between the United States and India.
Daljit is a tireless advocate of Foley’s mission to help clients achieve their business goals as a preeminent law firm serving clients at the nexus of the energy, health care & life sciences, innovative technology, and manufacturing sectors. He fully embraces the firm’s collaborative culture to resolve all client needs holistically.
Prior to his election as chairman and CEO in 2022, Daljit’s long tenure at the firm included many leadership roles; previously serving as the managing partner of the firm’s Detroit office, and as the chair of the firm’s national Business Law Department.
Daljit S. Doogal 是富理达律师事务所的合伙人、底特 律分所的管理合伙人，亦为底特律分所商业法律部的主席。他的国际业务着重于美国和印度之间的跨国界交易。Doogal先生侧重于公司、证券及重组法律事务。Doogal先生是本所交易证券部、私人股权和风险资金部、国际法律部以及汽车工业法律部的成员。Mr. Doogal也是印度商业委员会和亚太美亲和团体的联席主席。
Doogal先生被美国密歇根商会列为最好的收购兼并律师之一（2011-2016年）。他同时名列2014年密歇根超级律师®名单，在2014-2016年期刊上，他还被选为密歇根超级律师–后起新秀，且因其在公司、收购兼并方面的法律服务，被“美国最佳律师”选为2013和2014年期间的最佳律师。此外，Doogal先生还被同行评为AV®卓越™, Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review rating system中的最高表现级别。他还任职于底特律Mercy法学院院长顾问委员会。
Awards and Recognition
- Selected as a 2023 “Securities/Capital Markets Law Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers
- Recognized, DBusiness Top Lawyers (2012-2013, 2015-2022)
- Recognized, DBusiness 30 in Their 30s (2011)
- Ranked as one of the top corporate and mergers and acquisitions attorneys in Michigan by Chambers USA (2011-2023)
- Selected for inclusion in the list of Michigan Super Lawyers® (2014-2021) and was previously listed on the Michigan Super Lawyers – Rising Stars® editions (2009-2012)
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the fields of:
- Corporate Law (2013-2024)
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2013-2024)
- Securities/Capital Markets Law (2014-2024)
- Peer Review Rated as AV Preeminent®, the highest performance rating in the Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ system
- American Bar Association
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Charter member and a co-founder of the Detroit Chapter of The Indus Entrepreneurs, a nonprofit network of entrepreneurs and professionals dedicated to the advancement of entrepreneurs
- Member of the Association of Corporate Growth, Detroit Chapter and previously served on the board
- Member of the Asian Pacific American Chamber of Commerce
- Member of North American South Asian Bar Association (NASABA)
- Member of South Asian Bar Association (SABA) of North America
- Board of Directors, Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Midwest Region
Presentations and Publications
Daljit is a frequent speaker on corporate, restructuring, and general merger and acquisition matters. He is a sought-out resource to speak on cross-border legal and business issues with respect to doing business in India.