Jessie Lochmann practices corporate and business law, with an emphasis in securities law and compliance, corporate governance, executive compensation, and capital markets transactions. Jessie frequently represents issuers in securities transactions, including initial and secondary public offerings of equity securities and public and private placements of debt securities. She is the co-leader of the firm’s Capital Markets and Public Company Advisory Practice.
Jessie regularly advises public company clients and their boards of directors on the full range of governance and securities law matters, including governance structure, SEC reporting and disclosure, corporate governance “best practices,” board evaluation processes, fiduciary duty issues, stock exchange listing standards and requirements, relationships with shareholders and proxy advisory firms, ESG hot topics, and shareholder activism and related preparedness. She actively represents over a dozen public companies on their regular 1934 Act compliance, capital markets, and governance matters.
Jessie’s clients also include large private and nonprofit organizations in a governance and board advisory capacity.
Jessie is active in the firm’s governance, serving on the firm’s national partnership selection committee. She is active in the firm’s Manufacturing and Health Care & Life Sciences sectors and is the former co-chair of the firm’s Manufacturing Industry Team, as well as the former hiring partner for the Milwaukee office. She previously served as the vice-chair of the firm’s Transactions Practice Group. Jessie has served as the co-chair of the firm’s National Directors Institute Program since 2014. She is a frequent speaker on corporate governance and SEC-related topics.
Awards and Recognition
- Selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2018 – 2023)
- Received the Wisconsin Law Journal’s “2014 Woman of the Year” award for her efforts to promote women in law firms and on corporate boards
- Received The Milwaukee Business Journal’s “40 Under 40” award in 2012, which is presented to individuals who have made significant contributions to their professions and communities
- Selected for inclusion in Wisconsin Super Lawyers – Rising Stars® for her mergers & acquisitions work (2006-2010)
- Recognized in 2015 by Diversity MBA magazine as a “Top 100 Executive Emerging Leader”
- Serves as the secretary of the board of directors of the YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee
- Former president of the board of directors of the Betty Brinn Children’s Museum in Milwaukee
- Serves on the steering committee of Milwaukee Women Inc., a local organization whose mission is to enhance diversity in the boardroom and C-suite