Kevin D. Makowski serves as general outside counsel for several U.S. subsidiaries of foreign multinational companies and smaller to mid-sized privately held entrepreneurial companies. His work focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, joint ventures and strategic alliances, and complex commercial transactions.
Kevin has broad experience working regularly with clients in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, publishing, food, and consumer products. Cross-border transactions are a particular emphasis of his practice, and he has extensive experience representing U.S. and foreign companies in complex multinational transactions.
Kevin is a member of the Transactions Practice Group and serves as co-chair of the International Practice Group.
Awards and Recognition
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Mergers and Acquisition Law (2015-2024) and The Legal 500 (2015)
- Graduate of the Future Milwaukee Leadership Training Program
- Served on the board of directors of several nonprofit organizations in the Milwaukee area
Presentations and Publications
- Author, “German Federal Constitutional Court’s Decision on Accession to the Treaty on the EU,” Journal of International Business Law, Vol. 16, No. 1 (October 5, 1993)
- Frequent speaker on topics related to his experience representing U.S. and foreign companies in complex multinational transactions
- German (fluent)