W. Christopher (Chris) Rabil is a partner with Foley & Lardner LLP, and a Florida Bar Board Certified Specialist in Real Estate Law. His practice is focused on retail, commercial, industrial, and multi-family acquisition, development, leasing, and finance. Chris has experience in all aspects of commercial real estate matters, including the acquisition and disposition of multi-asset portfolios, multi-family properties, timberland, hotels, warehouses, retail shopping centers, medical office buildings, and commercial buildings.
- Represented AgReserves, Inc., a for profit affiliate of the Mormon Church, in a US $565 million acquisition of approximately 384,000 acres of Florida panhandle timber and rural lands, making the Mormon Church the largest private landowner in Florida.
- Represented a private development company in the sale of The Cliffs Communities, consisting of seven golf course communities in the Carolina mountains.
- Represented affiliates of Starwood Capital Group in the sales of the Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale “Yankee Clipper” Beach Hotel and Westin Beach Resort & Spa.
- Represented a private company in the acquisition of a beach golf resort & spa on the east coast of Florida.
- Represented the family office of one of the wealthiest individuals in the United States in the acquisition of approximately 550,000 acres of timberland in Florida.
Awards and Recognition
- Recognized by The Legal 500 for his work in the area of real estate (2015)
- Florida Trend Legal Elite (2018)
- Selected for inclusion in the 2016-2017 Florida Super Lawyers – Rising Stars® lists
- Peer Review Rated as AV® Preeminent™, the highest performance rating in Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review rating system