Glenn Singleton is a business attorney and trusted advisor who leads the firm’s Transaction Practice Group in Dallas. He is also a member of the Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance (ESG) Team. His core practice is serving as transaction counsel in a wide range of equity and debt financings, mergers and acquisitions and other complex business transactions. In his complementary role as outside general counsel, Glenn guides clients through strategic transactions and mission-critical business decision-making in the board room. Partnering with various specialists across Foley’s broad platform Glenn also advises clients on employment, intellectual property, tax, real estate and litigation matters.
Glenn’s clients include private equity and venture capital funds, family offices, companies of all sizes, founders, executives, investors and strategic buyers. His clients span a wide range of industries, including investment management, SAAS and technology-enabled service companies, manufacturing and distribution, financial services, energy and energy services, healthcare, education technology, real estate development, retail, entertainment and restaurants and hospitality.
Having begun his legal career as a litigator, Glenn provides clients unique and practical insight. He is known for his responsiveness and ability to see the big picture from both a legal and business perspective while anticipating future needs, which saves his clients time and money. An information junkie and quick study, Glenn has the rare ability to quickly get up-to-speed on any issue, industry, technology or business strategy to better provide his clients timely and sound legal advice.
Awards and Recognition
- Recognized, IFLR1000
- Capital Markets, Energy, Healthcare, Industrials and Manufacturing, Real Estate & Technology and Telecommunications (2018)
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Vice Chairman of Contracts Committee, Business Law Section
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Founder, Young Professionals in Private Equity
- Leadership Dallas (2013-2014)
- Mayor’s Star Council (2013-2014)
Presentations and Publications
- Speaker, “Encouraging Generational Entrepreneurship – Real Life Examples,” Family Business Legacy (September 2023)
- Moderator,“Early Stage Investing in Clean Tech and the Energy Transition,”Foley & Lardner LLP Energy Current – Live Discussion on Energy Transition Matters (September 2023)
- Moderator, “Preparing to Transact,” B.O.S.S. – Business Owners Strategies Summit (March 2023)
- Guest, “Ten Minute Interview: Minority Direct Investments,”Foley & Lardner Publications (February 2023)
- Co-Author, “Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Proposes Definition of “Larger Participants” Subject to Oversight,”Foley & Lardner Publications (March 2012)
- Co-Author, “”Nonbanks” Find Themselves in the Crosshairs of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau,”Foley & Lardner Publications (January 2012)