Jared Rifis represents clients and their federal policy priorities before Congress and the Administration.
As a member of the firm’s Government Solutions Practice Group, Jared provides analysis and advocacy that advance each client’s public policy goals. He has experience with a wide range of federal and state policy issues and also advises clients on lobbying and PAC compliance.
Prior to joining Foley, Jared served in various roles in Congress, most recently serving as a judiciary and commerce advisor in Senator Harry Reid’s leadership office, where his broad portfolio encompassed matters of technology, telecommunications, gun safety, consumer protection, gaming, patents, and more. During law school, Jared worked in the leadership office of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, the Judiciary Committee office of Senator Chuck Schumer, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, the think tank Third Way, and the campaign finance reform organization now known as Issue One.
Presentations and Publications
- Speaker, “Introduction to Non-Profits,” Jordan’s Guardian Angels 2019 Family Conference (March 30, 2019)
- Author, “Water Rights Protection,” Daily Journal (January 9, 2019)
- Speaker, “Government Relations on the First Anniversary of Trump’s Election,” 2017 Executive Exchange, Chicago, IL (November 7, 2017)
- Speaker, “Pathways to Government: Climbing Capitol Hill,” Georgetown Law (October 4, 2017)
- Speaker, Lunch and Loans panel at Georgetown Law (February 2017)
- Speaker, Lunch and Loans panel at Georgetown Law (February 2016)