Kelsey A. O’Gorman is an associate and business lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP and a member of the firm's Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Practice. She focuses her practice on executive compensation and retirement plans for public and private companies, which includes:
- drafting and advising clients with respect to cash incentive, equity, phantom equity, and deferred compensation plans and executive employment, severance and change in control agreements
- drafting and reviewing executive compensation disclosures under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including proxy statements, beneficial ownership reports, and periodic reports
- helping clients navigate compliance with Internal Revenue Code Sections 409A and 280G and securities laws
- advice on executive compensation trends, best practices and the proxy advisory firms’ views of executive compensation
- drafting and counseling clients on the design and compliance issues with respect to their 401(k) plans and defined benefit pension plans, including pension plan terminations
- addressing retirement plan operational errors
- providing employee benefits support on corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, SPAC transactions, spin-offs, and initial public offerings
Kelsey earned her law degree from the University of Wisconsin Law School (JD, summa cum laude, 2016). She received her bachelor’s degree in business administration from Marquette University (BS, summa cum laude, 2013), where she double majored in finance and economics.
Kelsey is admitted to practice in Wisconsin and is a member of the Wisconsin Bar Association and Milwaukee Bar Association.