Nathan (Nate) Imfeld advises and represents clients, especially family-owned or controlled manufacturers and distributors, in solving complex product distribution, dealer network, and sales channel issues. Nate also assists many of these same enterprises with shareholder, trust, generational succession, and family office problems. Nate’s passion is helping his clients assess, manage, and navigate difficult situations to find creative solutions, both in and out of litigation.
- Represented the majority shareholder group of a $250 million multigenerational family business in litigating a dispute over control of the company
- Advised a multigenerational business-owning family with $400 million dollars in assets, assessing and building out its family office
- Represented the beneficiaries of a significant family trust in litigation with a trustee who was also a family member
- Negotiated a favorable settlement for a privately owned professional services firm in a valuation dispute with a former shareholder
- Represented a special board committee investigating shareholder claims of wrongdoing against the company’s senior management
- Secured dismissal of a wrongful termination claim by a former product distributor against a manufacturer
- Represented a significant equipment manufacturer in litigating a “bet-the-network” dispute with one of its product distributors
Awards and Recognition
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch recognition for Commercial Litigation (2023-2024) and Alternative Dispute Resolution (2024)
- Nate has donated hundreds of hours of pro bono representation to indigent community members in litigation, and actively serves on the boards of several local nonprofits.