Christopher McNamara is an experienced commercial litigator and strategic advisor who guides his clients through trials, arbitrations, and pre-suit resolution of business disputes. In addition to his litigation practice, clients regularly turn to Chris to advise on policies, risk management, and transactional matters.
A first-chair trial lawyer, Chris is a member of the firm’s Business Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice, Energy Litigation Practice Group, and Energy Sector. He has represented clients across a diverse array of industries including energy, finance, health care, manufacturing, real estate, and technology. Chris’ experience before federal and state courts and his representation of clients in domestic and international arbitrations and mediation involves a wide range of matters, encompassing employment, partnership, and shareholder disputes, breach of contract, fraud, and intellectual property.
Chris is heavily involved in the New York legal community. He is co-chair of the New York State Bar Association’s (NYSBA) Committee on Leadership Development and serves on the Committee on Membership and the Strategic Planning Committee. In 2018, Chris was appointed to serve on NYSBA’s Presidential Task Force on Mass Shootings and Assault Weapons, where he chaired the subcommittee devoted to analyzing the relationship between mass shootings and mental health.
- Represents a leading global provider of market-based sustainability solutions.
- Represents a project developer in litigation concerning a large-scale solar project.
- Represents a project financier in connection with disputes relating to a solar project.
- Represented a real estate technology firm in defense of employment and whistleblower claims.
- Represented a logistics conglomerate in disputes, including class actions, throughout the country.
- Represented multiple funds in DOJ and SEC investigations into insider trading.
- Represented a public company in defense of derivative securities suits in Delaware and Virginia.
- Represented capital management firm and board designees in connection with a public company’s proposed acquisition of multiple targets.
- Represented partners in a private equity business in pursuit and defense of various claims in cross-border disputes.
- Represented a biosimilar manufacturer in defense of alleged patent infringement.
*Certain matters handled prior to joining Foley & Lardner LLP.
Awards and Recognition
- Recognized, New York Super Lawyers (2023)
- Recognized, New York Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2018-2021)
- Recognized, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (2023)
- Recipient, Legal Aid Society’s Outstanding Pro Bono Service Award (2015, 2016)
- New York State Bar Association
- Co-chair, Committee on Leadership Development
- Committee on Membership
- Strategic Planning Committee
- Former Member, Presidential Task Force on Mass Shootings & Assault Weapons
- New York County Lawyers Association
- Former Delegate to the New York State Bar House of Delegates