Michelle Moran helps manufacturers of technologies from consumer products and medical devices to industrial equipment advance their interests in federal district courts around the country and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
As a member of Foley’s IP Litigation Team, Michelle’s deep experience representing parties on both sides of the equation provides insight into successful strategies to help organizations achieve their goals. Michelle has represented clients in federal district courts looking to enforce their valuable intellectual property rights against competitors. She has also defended clients against claims of intellectual property infringement. In post-grant proceedings in front of the USPTO, Michelle has protected the patentability of clients’ patents and as well as challenged the patentability of patents asserted against clients.
Prior to joining Foley, Michelle served as in-house counsel for Johnson Controls, where she advised internal clients on patent prosecution, trademark prosecution, and patent infringement matters, as well as provided counseling on technology and nondisclosure agreements.
Awards and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America® – Ones to Watch, Intellectual Property Law (2021-2024)
- Member of the American Intellectual Property Association
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the Wisconsin Bar Association
- Firm liaison for the Sojourner Peace Center Volunteer Advocacy Legal Team
- Executive council member for the Hunger Task Force (2020-2022)
- Board member (199-2006) and Board president (2005) for the Women’s Center in Waukesha