Kate Pamperin focuses on counseling clients with respect to a wide range of transactional and health care regulatory compliance matters. Her experience includes assisting health care clients with mergers and acquisitions, affiliations, and the formation of friendly professional corporations.
Kate is particularly focused on the crossover of health care regulatory work and employment law. She has worked on a variety of labor & employment matters within the industry, including: drafting employment, bonus, and separation agreements; assessing restrictive covenants; and preparing comprehensive employee handbooks for telehealth clients that comply with employment laws in all 50 states.
She is a member of the Health Care Practice Group and as well as the Telemedicine & Digital Health Industry Team.
- Advised on compliance with state and federal laws affecting multistate licensure and scope of practice issues for direct-to-patient and remote patient monitoring telemedicine business models.
- Advised on federal and state requirements for remote prescribing, including controlled substances.
- Analyzed corporate practice of medicine and compliance considerations for virtual care physician services across the country.
- Drafted a compliance program for a digital health company.
- Represented a multinational medical device company with its sale to a private equity firm.
- Represented a California health system in connection with its acquisition of a regional hospital.
- Represented a Massachusetts health system in connection with its acquisition of seven urgent care centers.
- Prepared cross purchases for physician group practices.
- Assisted a clinical laboratory with investigating and disclosing instances of noncompliance with the federal FCA, AKS, and Stark Law, using the Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Inspector General, and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services self-disclosure protocols.
- Represented a children’s health system in an employee lease negotiation with multiple physician groups, completing the drafting of the employee leasing agreements.
- Advised durable medical equipment clients on licensure and operational requirements.