Lindsey Birch is an associate with Foley & Lardner LLP. She is also a member of the firm’s Trademark, Copyright & Advertising Practice. She provides counsel to clients on trademark and copyright law matters, including clearance, portfolio management, prosecution, licensing, risk management, defense, and enforcement.
Lindsey previously served as a summer associate in Foley’s Milwaukee office. Prior to joining Foley, she interned in the General Counsel’s Office for the Institute of Museum and Library Services and held research and teaching assistant positions at the University of Iowa.
- The University of Iowa College of Law (J.D., with distinction, 2019)
- Senior Note and Comment Editor (2018-2019), Student Writer (2017-2018), The Journal of Corporation Law
- Recipient, Arthur Bonfield Award for Creative Legal Scholarship
- Recipient, Bill Higgins Legal Merit Scholarship
- Recipient, Boyd Service Award
- Recipient, Equal Justice Foundation Grant
- The University of Iowa School of Art and Art History (M.A., 2019)
- Recipient, University of Arizona Graduate Honorarium Grant
- Recipient, University of Iowa Art History Department Grant
- The University of Iowa (B.A., with high distinction, 2016)
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa (Honor Society)
- Recipient, Stanley Merit Scholarship
- Recipient, Honors in Art and Art History
- Holocaust-Era Cultural Property Looting: The United States and the Washington Principles, 24 ART ANTIQUITY AND L., 49 (2019).
- Contextualizing Bring Your Own Device Policies, 44 J. CORP. L., 152 (2019)
- Presenter, “Henri Matisse and the Pedagogy of Gustave Moreau,” Midwest Art History Society Conference, March 2019
- Presenter, “Gustave Moreau: Gravity and Human Form,” Encountering the Body Symposium, April 2018
- Presenter, “Gustave Moreau: Defying Gravity,” Ohio University Art History Graduate Symposium, April 2018